CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Union Jack Dresser!

My Union Jack!! 
I picked up this little beauty at a garage sale and it was just screaming for a makeover and what better than a UNION JACK...I mean look at it what a perfect candidate! 
SO although its shape was perfect it had its flaws the sides and bottom had a veneer that was all chipped and cracked and the top had major steam damage and quite a few scratches, lets just say I had my work cut out form me! Once I repaired the veneer I sanded down the top to find BEAUTIFUL wood which I decided to stain a lovely dark walnut......Here it is painted a navy blue (pre-stain)
LOOK AT THAT WOOD!!!

Then I got to work with my design.......AND here it is folks! 
 A few close ups......
Now keep in mind this is a VINTAGE hand painted piece so yeah it has its flaws but that's why I love it!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment